• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle

How do you add sling swivels to one? That's how I attach my bipods. My ruger precision in 6.5 has sling swivels installed by previous owner.
Picked up my rimfire yesterday.

How do you add sling swivels to one? That's how I attach my bipods. My ruger precision in 6.5 has sling swivels installed by previous owner.
Picked up my rimfire yesterday.

Yep, I was trying to figure out that buttstock out and the ODT came to my aid. The hole at the bottom of the buttstock accepts the push button quick release (QD) sling swivels.

The fore stock has the MLOK slots and an MLOK mount that accepts the QD sling swivel works great and frees up space for a bipod mount.

media.midwayusa.com_productimages_880x660_Primary_349_349625.jpg

www.sportsmanswarehouse.com_img_products_original_magpul_mlok_qd_sling_mount_1403218_4.jpg

www.impactweaponscomponents.com_static_cache_43_e2_43e245457edd4559539ab766c569344e.jpg

I wish they had made these like the RPR so I could put a Magpul PRS stock on it. Have to try on out and see how I like it.

Further data.
Shot the CGC 22 extreme rim fire challenge. It was fun. We set up, well run and easy to score. The targets are challenging and you are shooting to the limits of 22.

The rifle shot great. Any issues in the range are in the shooter, not the rifle. I am learning scopes at this time so accuracy will improve. Had some Feed issues, but only with 1 magazine. Dropped it out of rotation and zero issues. Accuracy was excellent and for first time out, did well.

Terrible sorry gentlemen. I have been deficient in reporting on the metamorphosis of this rifle and for that I'm truly sorry.

So the used 3x9 scope was tossed and a reasonably priced Primary Arms 4x14 FPP scope with new rings transformed this rifle.

No pics of range work but at 25 yards one hole 10 shot groups. At 50 yards well under a dime. At 25 yards on squirrel I can do eye shots with a rest.

As a suppressor host the bolt action makes less noise than an air rifle with CCI standard velocity-it gets a little louder when really cold out.

DSC_0118.JPG

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0120.JPG

Back
Top Bottom