• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger releases an integral 22 Takedown barrel

If there's interest, there will be aftermarket stocks, just like with every other new product.
Agreed, but everybody already makes bull barrel stocks for a 10/22. It just seems crazy to come out with a new barrel that doesn't work with all the existing stocks out there.

Maybe Ruger did it on purpose though. If they come out with a line of different stocks for this barrel right when the barrel is released, they'll be the only game in town until the aftermarket guys can design and start producing something.

I don't see the problem...

A GemTech MIST for a 10/22 takedown is $499 from QRF.

Ruger suggests $450 for it's regular 22 can, and QRF has them for $319, so that's about $130 off MSRP. Ruger MSRP is $629 for the TD barrel suppressor, so it'll probably go for around $500 as well.

No real price difference that I can see.

If you want to use an aftermarket stock there might be more of an issue. The forestock looks like it's different than the standard TD model (kind of has to be) so I'm sure things like the MagPul and such won't fit.

However I guarantee that by the time these actually make it out MP and some of the other major players will have stocks or adapters for it. GemTech had to 'make it work' so they fit inside the Ruger product line. Ruger is big enough that the stock makers will adapt to them, rather than the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom