• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger SFAR Anyone?

I keep hearing the prc stuff will take over the cm ?? I wouldn’t doubt Ruger doing PRC.
Not holding my breath on that. 6.5 Creedmoor is a natural evolution of the 308, and has turned out to be a good, all-purpose round.

From what I understand the PRC is aimed simply at long-distance shooters. A bigger niche than it used to be for sure, but I don't see it having the same breadth of utility as the 6.5CM does.

I looked at one in the 16” variant here locally… would have snagged it but the rail stinks. Not full picatinny on top and not mlok on top either so basically no way to mount anything on top of the rail… will consider the 20” but can believe they made such a useless rail on the 16”

Not sure what you would mount on the top of the handguard to begin with. I guess if you had night vision or something that took up a lot of space there you might need the extra rail space but that would be more what the 20" rifle version is set up for.

On a 16" gun I don't see any real use for any more rail on top of the handguard than they provided for a front sight. Personally, I'd rather have it be slimmer and lighter without rail I'll never use in that spot.

Not sure what you would mount on the top of the handguard to begin with. I guess if you had night vision or something that took up a lot of space there you might need the extra rail space but that would be more what the 20" rifle version is set up for.

On a 16" gun I don't see any real use for any more rail on top of the handguard than they provided for a front sight. Personally, I'd rather have it be slimmer and lighter without rail I'll never use in that spot.
most commonly, a pressure switch for a light

Not with the magnum bolt face and increased recoil it won’t.
You’re right. Can’t find an AR10 in 6.5PRC except a UPR custom. Pretty cool read…
1DDB3D34-1E00-4CE2-93CC-FC6F409C9FF6.png
DE952FA1-2298-4C53-B7DC-F4C782020A94.png

Only 308 that I ever found that cared for steel ammo is my G3 clone. I use brass everywhere else.

Nice to hear the trigger lives up to the advertisements.

Back
Top Bottom