• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger sickness

Ruger American 6.5 with MagPul stock and spring kit.. Bought off ODT without scope but did include custom loaded ammo. I decided this is a good platform for the spare Vortex HS-T I had hanging around.
Sure hope I can match these 100' groups.
View attachment 2297807 View attachment 2297809 View attachment 2297811

PS: I have the original stock if anyone wants it. Rattle can project. :)
OP was not BSing me. 3 shots @ 100 yards with the special recipe after sight in using Hornady 140 gr factory stuff. 3 shot group.

IMG_20190930_153440.jpg
MVIMG_20190930_160229.jpg

Does everything have to be ruined with "threaded barrels" and big goofy rails? That would be a beautiful rifle w/o all the mall ninja stuff added.
Get off my lawn.
My conclusion is they thread it because everybody asks for it. The rail solution is probably cheaper to drill and tap four holes and add the picatinny rail than it is to machine the proprietary ring slots. This gives the buyer the flexibility to use their current ring and scope combo.

My conclusion is they thread it because everybody asks for it. The rail solution is probably cheaper to drill and tap four holes and add the picatinny rail than it is to machine the proprietary ring slots. This gives the buyer the flexibility to use their current ring and scope combo.
I understand current market trends but it just looks awkward with the wood stock. It would look more operator with an ugly black stock with rails all over it. Call it the Ruger Hawkeye Tactical Hunter.

Back
Top Bottom