• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger sickness

I've got a few long range setups that are so much fun to shoot!

IMG_20190511_093000400.jpg

I’m all about some .22 LR but 100 yards is pushing the limits of .22 LR. So, why do we need a long range setup?
For me, it's as simple as the small but effective adrenaline rush I get when I hear the click... followed by silence... followed by the distinct ding of a steel plate at distance. I don't know, it's just so simple, and so much fun it actually makes you giggle out loud even when you're the only one around to enjoy it.

The only thing that trumps that rush, is the distant thud of the little 40gr projectile hitting a groundhog out there 150 yards and seeing no movement of the target other than a light flicker of his tail as he slowly exhales for the last time.

For me, it's as simple as the small but effective adrenaline rush I get when I hear the click... followed by silence... followed by the distinct ding of a steel plate at distance. I don't know, it's just so simple, and so much fun it actually makes you giggle out loud even when you're the only one around to enjoy it.

The only thing that trumps that rush, is the distant thud of the little 40gr projectile hitting a groundhog out there 150 yards and seeing no movement of the target other than a light flicker of his tail as he slowly exhales for the last time.
And with a Charger with < 10" barrel ???
Pictures or it didn't happen.. (Can of worms opened). :)
IMG_20190512_200712(1).jpg

Whistle Pig getter in progress. Charger with PMACA.. FDE is difficult to match. :(
View attachment 2490147
Nice. Mine should be completed this afternoon. My trigger FINALLY arrived from Brimstone after 45 days. Ridiculous. Never again. I'm sticking with Kidd from now on since it's the same price or less and I get my trigger in about 5 days. Yea, I know... build it in a hurry... just so it can sit around most of the time anyway!

Back
Top Bottom