• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger SR22 suppressed

Allsmiles

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
I have a standard SR22 that I'm looking at getting a threaded barrel for since they are about $120 shipped . Anyone have any experience with these suppressed (SpectreII will be can)? Is it worth $120 to suppress it or are there better options out there for not much more money. My current 22lr pistol host is a BuckMark with a 5.5 barrel and it lets most bulk ammo go supersonic.

I run mine with a Sparrow. It runs good, seems quiet to me but thats the only .22 pistol I have. I could get some sound footage if you're interested. I'd have to figure out how to post it.

Mainly I was looking to add another 22 host with a shorter barrel to shoot all the bulk ammo I have. My BuckMark runs like a champ. but bulk ammo will crack almost every time. Anyone have a coupon for CheaperThanDirt (I know, but they are a lot cheaper this time). Barrel swap looks like a 5-10 minute process and easy to do.

have you tried Agila subs in your Buckmark? Out of the 3 suppressor host, it's the only one that will cycle it, and its stupid quiet.

CCI standard work fine and cycle without any issues; just don't have a lot of them. It's just that I have about 8k of bulk ammo. I looked at shorter barrel for BenchMark; but the cheapest way is to have Dobbs thread one and its about the same $$ at SR22 barrel.

I caught a Tac Sol barrel on sale at Midway, I think less than 160 shipped, for my BM. It's the same length and accuracy, half the weight.

IMG_0047(1).JPG

sorry don't mean to derail

Biggest thing is getting under 4" to keep everything subsonic. Wife really like the BM with a Bushnell TRS25 red dot on it right now when she shoots.
You should be good at 4.5" or shorter. My AR22 with 4.5" barrel keeps Thunderbolts and Automatch subsonic.

Good to know on 4.5" barrel. I'm thinking that a SR22 with a SpectreII would be a fun little plinker without getting another new host. I really like the S&W 22 compacts; but they seldom come up for sale at a good price.

Back
Top Bottom