• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger Suing Thompson for copying the 10-22

Didn’t Ruger steal the early Keltec P3AT design?

Sort of and not really. People like to say they are clones, but they are really pretty different. However they are both uber-small, polymer, blowback DA-only 380s, so you could say they stole the concept around the whole package, even though none of those individual items were anything proprietary to KelTec.

Actually, I'd guess it was the best thing that ever happened to KT. When the LCP first came out it sold out in a few weeks or so. Everybody still wanted a tiny 380 though, so KT ended up with a nice sales bump for a gun that had been sitting on dealer shelves before that.

Geez, I hope they don't turn around and sue AMT for making the far-superior, timney-triggered, Clark-barreled, all-SS 15-22 Lightning (and variants) rifle. I would hate to have to give all fifteen or twenty of mine up.

Oh wait... I think they already did.
Damn. What would you take for just one of them? I got a lightining pistol. I wouldnt mind having a rifle as well

Meh. Ruger has been ripping off the aftermarket parts folks a lot recently. They pretty much stole the designs for their PC9 steel chassis and the 10/22 steel chassis.

Back
Top Bottom