• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ruger zytel, skeleton, boat paddle stock refinish

mhayes

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
43   0
Reaction score
I have read somewhere before on a product made that will renew the black stocks to a like new finish. Some of them have that white, grey look to them. Mine isn't so bad, but the inside of the but stock where Ruger is has turned a little grey. Just looking to freshen it up a bit. Does anyone know what the product was that you can buy to do this? Thanks,

I have no first hand experience but I’ve heard a heat gun will restore oxidized automotive plastic quite nicely. Might work on your stock too as long as you’re careful...obviously.

I have never used a product specifically for this purpose. I have used one of those loose wire scrunchies design for cleaning guns saturated in gun oil. I also spray down the stock before applying light pressure and scrubbing the entire stock. I've used Break Free, Kroil and other thick CLP type products. It not only takes out slight scratches and imperfections but I have had success removing the white Haze as well.

I have read somewhere before on a product made that will renew the black stocks to a like new finish. Some of them have that white, grey look to them. Mine isn't so bad, but the inside of the but stock where Ruger is has turned a little grey. Just looking to freshen it up a bit. Does anyone know what the product was that you can buy to do this? Thanks,
i use linseed oil.

Back
Top Bottom