• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rugged Radiant VS dead air nomad

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
this was a long time coming but owning both I figure I better stop being lazy. Anywho:

I wanna start by saying I love both equally . That being said they both to me serve different roles .

IMO the nomad is a better fit for military type assault weapons . It has better flash reduction (totally gets rid of it actually ) and so that is key with the AR-15 .

But

The radiant is unmatched on a bolt gun . It’s thin build and stupid light weight make it the best in that field . Both are stupid quiet . I figured I would share my results;

Standard flash :

DBFBD709-4291-4FED-9C06-D4FF2B2C987D.png

Flash with radiant :

CB9E3A26-7029-44DE-8D36-8D3906A2F3BA.png

Flash with nomad :
027EED51-8041-489E-A9AA-EB1793D33B3C.png

Flash and blast aside : sound wise they are both great. Here is a video that is not safe for work due to my foul mouth but I enjoy the 1st amendment just like I do the 2nd :

Clean auto footage (I fell in love with 300blk at that moment )

this was a long time coming but owning both I figure I better stop being lazy. Anywho:

I wanna start by saying I love both equally . That being said they both to me serve different roles .

IMO the nomad is a better fit for military type assault weapons . It has better flash reduction (totally gets rid of it actually ) and so that is key with the AR-15 .

But

The radiant is unmatched on a bolt gun . It’s thin build and stupid light weight make it the best in that field . Both are stupid quiet . I figured I would share my results;

Standard flash :

View attachment 2077435

Flash with radiant :

View attachment 2077436

Flash with nomad :
View attachment 2077433

Flash and blast aside : sound wise they are both great. Here is a video that is not safe for work due to my foul mouth but I enjoy the 1st amendment just like I do the 2nd :

Clean auto footage (I fell in love with 300blk at that moment )

I went .300blk with my suppressed SBR as well and didn’t look back. I’m using the Sig 7.62 QD it sounds really good and several thousand rounds later (with some 5.56 tossed in there) still looks minty fresh.

That Radiant is impressive

thanks for the feedback. I"ve got a 22 and 45 can in jail and will probably add a 30 cal can in the near future. I've been looking at the Nomad mainly as it seems pretty versatile.

I'd use it on a 6.5 bolt gun but also (and probably more often) on AR15 and AR10 platforms.

I had been debating between the Nomad and a TBAC 7 ultra 30 mostly but the Rugged stuff looks good.

Back
Top Bottom