• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rules for Posting News Links

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever think maybe since there were 600 of them that I might have seen them and not really had a problem with them? And at the time I didn't have a problem with them, but now after researching it for a few days I agree that we needed to change the way we handle them, but we didn't need to immediately delete everything before the lawyers descended that night without discussing it with anyone. I don't want mods who think it is ok to do things like that without at least consulting me.
It occurred to me they were only "soft" deleted. I already knew they were a liability, I had just never looked at them before.

- - - Updated - - -

By the fact that 90 percent of them had no replies I thought it was safe to assume nobody else had either.

It occurred to me they were only "soft" deleted. I already knew they were a liability, I had just never looked at them before.

Soft deleted doesn't matter to anyone who isn't a mod, they just see 600 threads vanish and their post counts plummet, and then get pissed because they think I am ****ing with them for some reason.

Soft deleted doesn't matter to anyone who isn't a mod, they just see 600 threads vanish and their post counts plummet, and then get pissed because they think I am ****ing with them for some reason.
They probably shouldn't be posting illegal threads then. I sent him a reminder explaining why I deleted them.

And then went above and beyond and explained it to everyone in the lounge, and they all agreed with my reasoning as did the mods in the mod forum.

Apparently so did you as now evident by this sticky.

to be honest.....i thought the news posts being removed were part of the compliance with the new rules regarding the news links until the details were ironed out........i thought i saw that in another thread somewhere.......

- - - Updated - - -

the thunderdome thing...i don't know what happened there......

And then went above and beyond and explained it to everyone in the lounge, and they all agreed with my reasoning as did the mods in the mod forum.

Apparently so did you as now evident by this sticky.

Only one mod said anything about it, and one person who has access to the mod forum but isn't a mod.

And from my original post:

I took you off of being a mod for two reasons:

1. You thought it would be ok to delete 600 threads from the news links forum without even asking me. I said all along that you may be right, the problem I had with it was you thought it would be ok to make such a huge change like that without even consulting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom