• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rules for purchasing from a private seller at 20.

I have a CWP just to carry my firearm when traveling to Neighbours States that are OK with our CWP!
I understand what you are saying, and you and I both know exactly what you mean, BUT, there is no such thing as a "concealed weapons permit" in Georgia.

Those words do not exist in O.C.G.A.

It is a Georgia Weapons Carry License. Other states call it a Concealed Weapons License. Some call it that because it is good for concealing only.

My main point is the young man appears to operating under the assumption that he can carry a firearm in Georgia, openly, under the age of 21.

This is only true in a very small amount of circumstances.

I would be real careful there! They MAN is starting to hold dealers accountable for selling firearms to individuals who go out and commit horrid acts of violence a very short time after the sale. Don't think they won't go after you in that situation. I mentioned this once before and was ostracized because they believed that statement was against the second amendment rights. I don't care what it's against you have to be really careful what you do with firearms when it comes to the sale or trade with today's youth.

I want to know if it is legal for a 20 year old to purchase a handgun from a private seller. I know that I will have to open carry the handgun until I get my conceal carry permit at 21.

You aren't old enough to be "eligible for" a Georgia weapons carry license (unless you are in the military). Therefore you can't get any benefit from the new 'constitutional carry' law.

You can't carry in public --either openly or concealed --unless you're doing certain types of activities in certain places or unless the gun is unloaded and in a closed container like for transporting to and from the shooting range.

Buy it? Yes, easy.
Carry it under 21?
Danger, Will Robinson, danger!

You may want to study up a little more on Georgia's carry laws.

There is no such thing as a "concealed carry permit", but more importantly, verify the ages to carry a handgun, under most situations, in Georgia.

In Georgia it is a Georgia Weapons License.
The GWC is a permit to carry consealed or open carry

Back
Top Bottom