• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rules for purchasing from a private seller at 20.

The GWC is a permit to carry consealed or open carry
You are correct, and that is what I teach in classes.
That's why I was trying to get the OP and others to stop saying "concealed carry permit".
There is no such thing in Georgia.

I've been a Life Member of GA2A for many, many years. Formerly GCO.

Anyway, you are correct. The Georgia Weapons Carry License allows for open or concealed carry.

Jerry

In 1990 it was called a Ga Firearms License and remained that til 2020 when it was called a Ga Weapons Permit.

Just a plug for maintaining your Ga WCL.

While Georgia's new laws do allow you to carry without the Ga WCL,

1. you won't enjoy the benefits of state reciprocity if you wish to travel with a firearm on your person to another state
2. you can be in technical violation of some federal laws which restrict the carrying of a fiream within (500 feet?) of a school and other public buildings
3. any time you make a firearm purchase from an FFL, you'll have to go thru' NICS with all the potential for delays that may incur

Just a plug for maintaining your Ga WCL.

While Georgia's new laws do allow you to carry without the Ga WCL,

1. you won't enjoy the benefits of state reciprocity if you wish to travel with a firearm on your person to another state
2. you can be in technical violation of some federal laws which restrict the carrying of a fiream within (500 feet?) of a school and other public buildings
3. any time you make a firearm purchase from an FFL, you'll have to go thru' NICS with all the potential for delays that may incur
dont tell em ****. Let em enjoy their new found FREEDOMS

And if you won't believe me, listen to ChatGPT on the matter ....

1679530355356.png

Chatgpt is clever software but don't rely on it for legal research. It's being shown it's quite happy to make things up.

Chatgpt is clever software but don't rely on it for legal research. It's being shown it's quite happy to make things up.

Dear gawd, no, certainly don't rely on it.

As (I hope) everyone knows, there's no training requirement as a prerequisite for a GA WCL. So just for research purposes, I corrected the AI, and got a cringing apology. (it still told me that training was a good idea)

When I re-ran the query above, the content I was provided with HAD been tailored to factor out the training requirement. Whether that change would be present for other users asking the same question, I don't know.

Regarding "make things up" - that's actually quite tough to determine. Much of the responses from these things is based on the data that it has acquired and the inferences it makes from them. GIGO is still true, if it's fed garbage (and it has filters in it to eliminate all kinds of content that the authors consider to be 'badthink') then you'll get garbage out. It's a data quality issue.

Back
Top Bottom