Rules Input

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
I'm currently going through all the rules and updating/changing a few of them. I believe I wrote them back in 2010 and I've just been adding to them ever since. I'm currently stuck on the rules regarding conversations and comments in ads, and also the rules regarding value.

I've always preferred to not have any requirement for price but I may be in the minority with that. Opinions?

What are everyone's opinions on conversations and comments in ads? And frequent bumps?

How should we handle AR uppers and lowers?

Here is how they are written now:

1. Please refrain from excessively bumping your ad when there is no new information to add and nothing has changed. (More than twice a day with no new info is considered "excessive")

2. Do not make negative comments in other people’s threads. Repeat offenders will be temporarily banned and then permanently banned. It gets really old reminding the same users over and over to keep their comments to themselves. Everyone is allowed to ask whatever price they want for their items and it is their problem if no one wants it for that price. Also, do not hijack people's listings. If the post starter is actively participating in the conversation in their own listing that is fine. If you have activity that is unwanted in your listing please contact a moderator to clean it up for you. (Posting a factual problem with the ad is fine and not considered a negative comment, an example is someone listing a Glock for sale but they have a picture of a Sig) ***This rule has been expanded to include popcorn smilies, sarcastic GLWS comment, etc.

3. AR Lowers can be listed in either Handguns or Rifles, but not both. Complete AR uppers can be listed in handguns or rifles, whichever it is. Incomplete uppers and all parts for lowers go in the Ammo, Accessories, Parts, Etc. section.

4. All items listed need to have some sort of value reference point. This can be a ballpark value, possible trade interest, etc. Just something to serve as a starting point for everyone interested in your item.

5. If your item is listed as "For Sale Only" you must have a price listed.

Back
Top Bottom