• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rules Input

So a guy with exactly the trade you are after changes his mind because of the value? Ok... if you say so. It is a fact, it will not cure every conceivable scenario. Just the majority of them.
It's OK, you can be wrong too even using fewer words. It's actually preferable. :p ;)
I've had folks back out after telling them what I thought my item was worth in cash, seems people value their items higher than others.

Who would have thunk it?:crazy:

Okay, but I still see nothing wrong with putting a cash value on a for trade item either. I can get glocks all day long for a cheaper price due to my job. So a value for a glock for me is less than what most on here consider fair.

But I do not really see a person looking to make a trade changing his mind just because another holds a lesser value.
I have, funny thing was I was trying to lower my price because I figured the others as too low and they wouldn't want to add cash.

I agree with all of this, especially the bolded section....unfortunately that is not what is being proposed.

Just to be clear I'm not proposing any rule changes regarding these topics, I'm just asking for input as now would be the time to update them if we're going to.

I seem to recall previously the ITEM GONE banner did not cover the asking price. I am not certain if the banner covering the price is now intentional or not.
From time to time I would reference asking prices on ODT to either post an item for sale or make an offer on a posted item. I used it merely as a reference as I do the Blue Book, for example.
It could be argued that once the item is gone it is only the business of the buyer and seller, however the item was posted for sale on the internet.
GB allows its registered users to look at sold items as well as listings that did not sell, I believe it would be helpful if registered ODT members could as well.

Reads like all the Facebook rules that used to be out there. Seems like this site has been or is being influenced by the Facebook policy of no firearms after all. Honestly, I kind of enjoy the site the way it is.

I seem to recall previously the ITEM GONE banner did not cover the asking price. I am not certain if the banner covering the price is now intentional or not.
From time to time I would reference asking prices on ODT to either post an item for sale or make an offer on a posted item. I used it merely as a reference as I do the Blue Book, for example.
It could be argued that once the item is gone it is only the business of the buyer and seller, however the item was posted for sale on the internet.
GB allows its registered users to look at sold items as well as listings that did not sell, I believe it would be helpful if registered ODT members could as well.

I've been griping about this since it started. Makes no sense to me at all.

Back
Top Bottom