• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rum Creek WMA

Duck Lips

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
64   0
Reaction score
I was just drawn for the Firearms quota hunt 11/9 - 11/11 @ Rum Creek WMA.
1st 2 days Buck only and last day either sex.
I have never been there and was wondering if anyone had any tips or secret spots they would like to share.
Thanks

I did some scouting out there after I was drawn on a quota, I killed an 8 and a doe the next day. 200 yds from the rd. Not hard to find a good spot our there. Found plenty in about 3 hrs of scouting

Been there the last 2-3 years same hunt & was also drawn this year. A guy from Cobb county has brought in the monster of the hunt on Friday evening the last 2 years. I've got pics of some of the deer taken last year if your interested. Can post later. I haven't cracked the code yet. My nephew tagged out day 1.

I'm guessing the doe herd is thinning. It's been ES last 2 days in the past but not this year.

I just received notice that I was drawn for the Quote hunt @ Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge 3 day either sex firearms on the same days as the Rum Creek WMA hunt. Nov 9-11. Luckily they are close to each other and both are only a 25 minute drive from the house

Capture.JPG

I just received notice that I was drawn for the Quote hunt @ Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge 3 day either sex firearms on the same days as the Rum Creek WMA hunt. Nov 9-11. Luckily they are close to each other and both are only a 25 minute drive from the house

View attachment 1317042

Any luck at rum creek? Any good areas down there? Are there hunts down there that are not quota hunts?

Back
Top Bottom