• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Running out this old warhorse, but just saw a new way to conduct an auction

Well, most of us know about the ODT auctions.

Here is a new spin:

Multiple items for cell, all are "Trade Only".

Trade interest are the ever popular, generic, "Other guns [or something similar]" That apparently meets ODT's standards.

But here is the new twist.

"All trade offers must include your best cash offer."

That's sort of putting it out in the open.
Or…
They list their Glock for $500 knowing they will get lower offers. And don’t want to go back and forth over numerous PMs to get to the $475 the buyer wants to pay.
Myself I’m not a fan of the back and forth dickering. 98% I offer the amount I’m willing to pay, and appreciate when others do the same.

Aww cmon !! “Everybody is doing it !!“. :becky:

Yes.....yes they are! At least, a core group of regulars are.

Folks think that we hunt around looking for that sorta crap. The truth is, if something was done to a member's thread, post, or ad, it's because someone ratted them out and brought it to our attention. Squeaky wheel, eh wot?

If you just generally complain about it in threads like this, you aren't going to help fix the problem. In that case, why even bother with the whinge in the first place?

The alternative is to bring the issues that grind your gears directly to the attention of the Staff so we can kibosh it.

Some folks don't want to do that, because they don't want to be a snitch, but they still want to gripe about it openly. Is this in the hopes that the Staff will start to be more proactive in ferreting out these egregious violations? If so, that's just snitching with more steps. Still snitching, so still a snitch.

So, the best options are (in no particular order):
-just shake your head and say nothing, in any way, shape, or form
-Report the offenders

Aww cmon !! “Everybody is doing it !!“. :becky:
Last time I used that line was 50 years ago, on a date in college
Then your complaints amount to so much wind.
Dadgum, this has become a pholosopher's conundrum.

If my complaints are "so much wind" and you respond to them twice, then your responses are, what?

Back
Top Bottom