• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Running the Peachtree Road Race with AR

I'm honestly surprised at the amount of vitriolic response. Think it's a bad idea? Fair enough...but the name calling and hate is surprising. :tsk:

Oh here we go again with the "former law enforcement".

First off, Assault rifle? Really.........
Second - Inciting a riot.......where do you pull that baloney out of your A$$?
Weapons violation.......what exact law is that?

and what law enforcement agency did you work for? I am a former cop and regardless of the OP's decisions and the outcome that will happen, please don't embarrass us anymore.

I love the interweb.

You know as well as I do that the news would call it an assault rifle. Most of them probably think that is what A R stands. I did not say I did.

O.C.G.A. 16-11-31. Inciting a riot. look it up. It is a misdemeanor but could still be charged. It has been applied to such situations in the past.

I did not say he would be charged with a weapons violation. If that's the impression I gave, my bad.

I worked for Athens P.D. and Gwinnett County P.D. 1983-1990. Patrolman and field training officer. Where did you work?

What would embarrass you more. What I said or this guy attempting to run the Peachtree Road Race with an ar strapped to him.

I just think this would bring only hurt our cause. It certainly wouldn,t help it.

I'm honestly surprised at the amount of vitriolic response. Think it's a bad idea? Fair enough...but the name calling and hate is surprising. :tsk:

If it was just a bad idea I'd agree with you. Eating undercooked chicken is a bad idea but it only affects the one eating it. This kind of thing is absolutely catastrophic for gun rights. The more people try to force feed people with OCing ARs and AKs the harsher the resistance becomes.

I think many of us can agree that people being gay is their own business but expecting everyone to accept and endorse gay choices is the part that builds resentment and resistance. And who thinks being black or any race is bad? But when al sharptongue or jesse jackass runs in front of a camera and explains that the latest thuggery is just a black thang and we is all racist for not appreciating the culture of black folks, many of us dig in our heels and get pissed. So couldn't we maybe try to understand that the having of the right to keep and bear is vital but smearing it in the faces of those who fail to understand that is offensive and counter-productive?

So couldn't we maybe try to understand that the having of the right to keep and bear is vital but smearing it in the faces of those who fail to understand that is offensive and counter-productive?

Exactly! There are other actions that would be more PC.

You know as well as I do that the news would call it an assault rifle. Most of them probably think that is what A R stands. I did not say I did.

O.C.G.A. 16-11-31. Inciting a riot. look it up. It is a misdemeanor but could still be charged. It has been applied to such situations in the past.

I did not say he would be charged with a weapons violation. If that's the impression I gave, my bad.

I worked for Athens P.D. and Gwinnett County P.D. 1983-1990. Patrolman and field training officer. Where did you work?

What would embarrass you more. What I said or this guy attempting to run the Peachtree Road Race with an ar strapped to him.

I just think this would bring only hurt our cause. It certainly wouldn,t help it.

The news didn't call it yet, you did. A individual running with an AR is not inciting a riot......please post the other situations.
You did say "not to mention a weapons violation" - which is not clear in the least bit.

I worked for KSU 2008-2012, and so far I am not embarrassed by this guy having not run, but more by the fact that you went from, "bad idea" to "hypothesizing laws" that aren't even remotely close.

But I do agree its a bad idea.

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_05_25_zujevaga.jpg

Just need w Dobb's sticker on the right cheek.

The OP is probably just trying to stir the pot because any rational gun owner/advocate would never consider such a plan.

Hopefully he isn't turning into a person we will read about shooting up the zoo or some other public place!!!

Back
Top Bottom