• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Russian M44 & M91/30 Mosin Nagant 7.62x54R Rifle Package $219

I saw that. They have their ammo cans discounted too for $67.95/440 rounds. I was tempted to pick up some of the Tula .308 too(figured marginal at best but worth it for the price) but it was sold out about 10 minutes after the email went out.

I ordered a crate of the 7.62x54R today- such a good price!

It's crazy how long those spam cans last when you're shooting an 80 year old bolt action rifle! I wasn't so sure about the ammo at first because I'd heard that Mosins can be ammo specific. I realized that I just needed to scrub the absolute hell out of the bore with a wire brush and alas! Sticky bolt solved.

It's crazy how long those spam cans last when you're shooting an 80 year old bolt action rifle! I wasn't so sure about the ammo at first because I'd heard that Mosins can be ammo specific. I realized that I just needed to scrub the absolute hell out of the bore with a wire brush and alas! Sticky bolt solved.

I just got off the phone with Byran the president of AIM Surplus and he said they're working on a deal to get more M44s. I asked if they'll be offered in a deal like this again and he said that depends on the price they get charged for them. He's going to try. If anybody still wants one of these keep an eye on, AIM or this forum and if they come in I'll either bump this thread if they have the same deal or I'll create a new one.

Now to the ammo part. Mosins are not ammo specific. Not that I've ever heard anyway. If you have a problem with chambering rounds it's most likely a mechanical problem like what's been listed here. These guns were soaked in cosmoline and it causes a host of problems if you don't thoroughly clean the guns before shooting them. If any of you guys have questions about them I may be able to answer them but you can also ask the guys here http://www.russian-mosin-nagant-forum.com/index.php . These guys really know these guns inside and out.

Back
Top Bottom