• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rust protectant plus shine?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Hey guys just picked up a Kimber TLE ii the other day in black and had a two part question. Looking for something to protect against rust as this will primarily be and IWB carry gun. Would also be killer if it would make the black kind of shinier. Looking for something that won't leave the gun real slick but make the black shine a little more and protect against rust from sweat.
Thanks guys,
Caleb

Have heard good things about renaissance wax. Definitely not going to be a safe queen but would love to be able to pass it down one day.

I have carried a Kimber ultra carry II for years all I use is regular oil just keep it wiped down but nothing special and never any rust. Kimber is quality weapon so as long as you keep a thin coat of oil every month or so you will be good.

I've been carrying a Glock 27 most of the time and naturally had zero problems. I use Break Free also.

Last edited:
Will clp give me a nice shine on the outside of my kimber and is it safe to use as a lubricant on inside and for shine on surface of gun?

Maybe check out Eezox if you don't want something oily on the outside. I've been using it for a couple of weeks on all my guns. So far I'm happy. It also smells good.

Back
Top Bottom