• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Rut Activity in Georgia

Trout Slayer

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
10   0
Reaction score
I'm seeing some good pre-rut activity and sign at 3 different hunting spots and have successfully called in deer in every hunt over the past week and a half (4 hunts). I've heard some other folks claiming the rut is on but I'm only seeing pre-rut activity.
I've had does come in but not with bucks following just yet and a few have had fawns close with them. I have called in solitary bucks with rattles, grunts, and bleats.

So what type of rut activity are you guys seeing and what's your prediction for the peak of the rut?

My prediction for the peak will be Wed/Thurs/Fri of next week. 11/14-11/16

I'm seeing some good pre-rut activity and sign at 3 different hunting spots and have successfully called in deer in every hunt over the past week and a half (4 hunts). I've heard some other folks claiming the rut is on but I'm only seeing pre-rut activity.
I've had does come in but not with bucks following just yet and a few have had fawns close with them. I have called in solitary bucks with rattles, grunts, and bleats.

So what type of rut activity are you guys seeing and what's your prediction for the peak of the rut?

My prediction for the peak will be Wed/Thurs/Fri of next week. 11/14-11/16

I hope your right, Thats my quota date at Rum Creek.

With that said, in Wilkinson County the Bucks were Doe'd up last week, two NICE bucks killed and both with Does.

I leave and go to camp tomorrow after work and I'm hunting until Sunday Nov 18th. I think we'll hit the rut just right and we should see some good deer this week.

Killed an 8 this morning around 9:15 not running any does, but they were close though maybe 100yds behind him. My dad shot a huge 10 around 9:45 trailing a doe, was not pushing her hard though.

Back
Top Bottom