• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W .380 EZ-- now in stores-- big thumbs up

kuduman

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
I haven't shot one, but I've handled one-- $369 at the LGS.

It's perfect for its intended audience-- those with limited hand strength. No harder to rack the slide than a .22, easy loading magazines, Big dot great sights, and a grip safety so no fumbling with the (optional) thumb safety. It's probably easier to rack than my .22 Buckmark.

Only a .380, but for this market, that's probably all they can effectively handle anyway. And with a 3.6" barrel, .380 is fast enough to maybe get some expansion along with the penetration.

It's nice to see the manufacturers finally thinking through new product ideas. Anyway, if you've got a relative with limited hand strength, this is a supremely viable option. It's going to be much easier to handle than even a steel .38 snubbie, and will hold eight plus one shots.

I was eyeing a Ruger SP101 6-shot .327 Mag revolver for this purpose, but this beats it hands down. Half the price, too. In stores now.

Is this it?
SW_MP_380_Shield_5.jpg

Lack of recoil has me interested for my wife’s sake. She likes my 2.0 Compact, but flinched at the 9mm recoil. Might have to rent one of these soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom