• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W AR15 w/ Iron Sights for $649.... Brand New!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidently I'm not up to snuff regarding all the benefits of chrome lined barrels.

For educational purposes, maybe we contribute to a list of rifles including rifle-caliber pistols that have chrome lined barrels, along with the benefits.

Not tongue in cheek, I'd be interested.

I know most SKS have, except Yugo's. Saiga's are.. and evidently most/some?? AR stoner style rifles do?

I don't know all of the rifles that sport chrome lined barrels but typically more of the match grade type guns/barrels do not have chrome lined, when compared to military type platforms, generally speaking. It's my understanding you can get slightly tighter tolerances with non-chrome lined. Chrome lined however are easier to clean, last longer and resist corrosion and the elements better than non-chrome lined.

having a non-chrome lined version is not necessarily a deal breaker, especialy if you clean it often but everything being equal, I'd much rather go with chrome lined, especially in a gun like an AR. JMO.

Some have chrome lining some don't, a lot of manufactures will have different models with different feature. But, I don't see it as a deal breaker, unless you are running a lot of ammo and in really bad conditions where corrosion or rust can occur I am not worried. Not sure on whether chrome lining reduces throat erosion or not. At any rate, or pure accuracy you don't want the barrel chrome lined, Chrome Moly seems to be a good balance but then again I am only looking at results and am not up on metallurgy as some people are, but then again the difference from a combat accuracy perspective is not enough that if given the option I wouldn't take the chrome.

Save your money, Cherokee is selling the same Bushy foe $679!!!!!!

Rich

Depends on how much the transfer is. At Cherokee you're going to have to pay tax, unless you can haggle and get the price down. If you can get the transfer for $25 or less its cheaper, not by a whole hell of a lot, to order it and have it shipped.

Some have chrome lining some don't, a lot of manufactures will have different models with different feature. But, I don't see it as a deal breaker, unless you are running a lot of ammo and in really bad conditions where corrosion or rust can occur I am not worried. Not sure on whether chrome lining reduces throat erosion or not. At any rate, or pure accuracy you don't want the barrel chrome lined, Chrome Moly seems to be a good balance but then again I am only looking at results and am not up on metallurgy as some people are, but then again the difference from a combat accuracy perspective is not enough that if given the option I wouldn't take the chrome.

If you're going for pure accuracy, you're not buying an AR anyway. The chrome lined gun will last quite a bit longer and be easier to clean, that's the main advantages to me. Like you say, If you really like the configuration, no reason not to buy it. There are better deals out there IMO, but then again at this price, I think you're approaching the lower limits of what new ARs can be offered for.

Just looked at the AO sales paper I got and they do have a Bushmaster Carbon 15 w/ red dot. The pic shows a FA and dust cover, though that could be another gun just for pic purposes.

AO... M&P CARBINE Sport WITH SIGHTS (Was $559 in June) now $599

Says chrome line gas key and bolt carrier,

http://www.adventureoutdoors.us/model-sport-556mm-inch-barrel-melonite-finish-adjusta-p-51594.html

67.227.172.78_images_acu_large_SMW_811036.jpg

Ha that's one of those deals you buy on your phone in the parking lot, then walk in to get it. I'm sure the in-store price is much higher. Nice find!
The Bushmaster was in a sale paper I picked up on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom