• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W M&P red dot, bargain or trash?

Probably safer to just save up and put the money towards a proven product. Prices are starting to come down with inventories building up so to me it'd be safer to just wait it out.

Better to just hold off and save for a quality optic that can be swapped over for rifle duty if you don't like it on a pistol.

Probably safer to just save up and put the money towards a proven product. Prices are starting to come down with inventories building up so to me it'd be safer to just wait it out.

Better to just hold off and save for a quality optic that can be swapped over for rifle duty if you don't like it on a pistol.

I'm not looking for one that's big enough for a duty rifle.

I'm not looking for one that's big enough for a duty rifle.
Not sure the poly matters on a 22 plinker use case. Looks like the non S&W logo ones go for $140ish elsewhere.

Didn't realize you were thinking of using on a .22, for that use in good weather shooting I doubt there would be much issue.

Only reason I would opt for a better brand is if I got tired of using it on .22 & wanted to use it for a heavier recoiling rifle or pistol. Then it could work out great for a minimalist rifle for woods/target duty.

Back
Top Bottom