• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W Mod 10 Hammer replacement

BanjoJohn

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
114   0
Reaction score
I have a S&W mod 10 that someone shaved/ground the hammer off to make it bobbed.

I would like to replace it with regular hammer.

Can anyone tell me where to acquire one, and how difficult it is to replace?

Thanks

Ebay, numrich, or gunbroker are good starting places to look for replacement parts.

Its a fairly simple swap, however if you have trouble feel free to contact me and I can walk cal through it.

I tried those sites. Ebay had some hammers, but no description, just S&W parts.

Thanks, if I run into trouble, I'll give you a shout.

CBDD0DBF-22EC-473F-9F57-7210531F02B5.jpeg

There are multiple styles of Smith & Wesson hammers that they've used on these K-frame guns since the early 1900s to present.
If you're going to change hammers, and the cost is not too much more, you may want to research this and find a period-correct hammer that looks like it belongs on your gun.

I also have a bobbed -hammer S&W M&P, dating to the early 1930s. I think I'll keep it as-is though.

View attachment 1886649
There are multiple styles of Smith & Wesson hammers that they've used on these K-frame guns since the early 1900s to present.
If you're going to change hammers, and the cost is not too much more, you may want to research this and find a period-correct hammer that looks like it belongs on your gun.

I also have a bobbed -hammer S&W M&P, dating to the early 1930s. I think I'll keep it as-is though.

This pistol left the collectors table years ago, but it locks up tight.

It appears as if "Bubba" ground cut and filed the hammer down to make it bobbed.

I sent RobsG a PM, we'll see what he has.

Thanks

This pistol left the collectors table years ago, but it locks up tight.

It appears as if "Bubba" ground cut and filed the hammer down to make it bobbed.

I sent RobsG a PM, we'll see what he has.

Thanks
I forgot about these guys. I’ve never used them but they do list the parts by what gun they came from.

https://usagunsandgear.com/

Back
Top Bottom