• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W Model 422

All I can say is that my current rimfire suppressor is rated for .22LR only, and I wish that, when I got the thing 10+ years ago, that I'd shopped around more and found one rated for 22 WMR and .17 Hornady Rimfire Magnum, too.

Oh, and my Browning Buckmark has a 5" barrel, and it shoots all "standard velocity" .22LR ammo at subsonic speeds.
No need to buy special "subsonic" ammo packaged and marketed as such.
But a lot of the cheap high velocity ammo will give me the CRACK associated with breaking the sound barrier.

British Gov took away guns now want to
Take away internet whats next ???

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

While I havent had a drink in almost 10 years and I badly miss that burn of Jack going down straight, sometimes I am reminded why I shouldnt start drinking again. And not just because getting hand cuffed (by a dude ;)) sucks.

IMG_1392.JPG

My 622 is retro. With a Dobbs Aluminum can it's light as a feather. I also have a steel can for shooting 22 mags and 17. Although Ive never shot a 22mag or 17.

Thats a dog and cat chair by the window. They keep me safe from the chipmunks in the backyard. I have several bird feeders. No I dont shoot chipmunks or squirrels, I am from NJ for gawds sake.

What ammunition is recommended for best results suppressed?

How long is the barrel? Typically if it is under 4" you can use almost any ammo you want since the barrel isn't long enough for all the powder to burn and push the bullet faster than sonic. So "Standard Velocity" ammo should work well. CCI SV and Aguila Superextra SV are both readily available these days.

Back
Top Bottom