• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&w revolver gunsmith near Atlanta side?

batboy2000

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
23   0
Reaction score
I have this s&w 1917 with sloppy yoke, I’m assuming worn out locking bolt but I’m looking for someone who’s highly experienced with ol smiswessy. :)

I just spoke to Shannon on the phone about doing a trigger job on my little Smith & Wesson model 37. An older gun, made in the early 1980s when the company was owned by Bangor Punta.

It's got a very heavy double action trigger that stacks noticeably at the end.
He says he can improve it a whole lot for about 75 bucks-- that sounds like a good deal to me!

I just spoke to Shannon on the phone about doing a trigger job on my little Smith & Wesson model 37. An older gun, made in the early 1980s when the company was owned by Bangor Punta.

It's got a very heavy double action trigger that stacks noticeably at the end.
He says he can improve it a whole lot for about 75 bucks-- that sounds like a good deal to me!
Did you ever get this done? If so, are you pleased with their work? I'm looking for a good gunsmith myself for a few of my Smiths.

Ok, keep my posted please if you ever get down that way and decide to use them. I would really like to use someone local rather than sending them to S&W. Thanks!

fixed a timing issue for me on a smith. very pleased.

also Rabbit2047 Rabbit2047 but he hasn't been around in a while.

Ok, keep my posted please if you ever get down that way and decide to use them. I would really like to use someone local rather than sending them to S&W. Thanks!

I haven't used Mr. Jennings for Action Work on any S&W Revolvers yet as I prefer to do my own Action Work when possible, but he's Re-timed two Colt D-Frames for me as well as eliminated some End Shake in an old LE Trade-in Smith Model 66--FWIW, Tamara Keel, who writes for one of the NRA Magazines recommended his work to me a while back and he has yet to disappoint over the last 5 or 6 years and quite a few projects...

fixed a timing issue for me on a smith. very pleased.

also Rabbit2047 Rabbit2047 but he hasn't been around in a while.
Thanks for the recommendation! I will check them out. Maybe I'll try out one of their revolver packages.

I haven't used Mr. Jennings for Action Work on any S&W Revolvers yet as I prefer to do my own Action Work when possible, but he's Re-timed two Colt D-Frames for me as well as eliminated some End Shake in an old LE Trade-in Smith Model 66--FWIW, Tamara Keel, who writes for one of the NRA Magazines recommended his work to me a while back and he has yet to disappoint over the last 5 or 6 years and quite a few projects...
Thanks for the feedback! I will give him a call next week to discuss my options.

Back
Top Bottom