• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W's Hillary Hole

I did not get you wrong. I too agree that the dang hole is hideous, and not needed, but, do I believe it affects reliability. No, at least not in my case. As I said, I have owned models with the hole, a v-comp in .357 is the most recent one. Never had an issue with the V-Comp. I have owned airweights that had the hole and after going to the range, and getting comfortable with it, carried it.
My point was, if there are so many problems with the lock, why hasn't S&W done a recall? They have in the past, so why not now. Not liking the dang hole is totally different than saying they are not reliable.
I hate defending that blasted hole in an otherwise good looking Smith. Removing the lock is fairly easy, I say fairly easy because I have never done it, but I watched a video on how to do it.
Let's go back to hating the dang hole, hating S&W for keeping it, and hating the fact that they are not going to change.
I Sir feel as you do!! I just adopted one with the hole, not happy that they are still doing it..And agree it is hideous. But at least it has no hair around it!:D

I've always assumed it was called a "Hillary Hole" as it was completely worthless, and wanted by no one.

Sort of like "Obama brass"-- .45 brass with small primers.

Turns out the Clintons bullied S&W into agreeing to put it on their guns-- as part of the shenanigans associated with the 1994 AWB. So there's more of a connection to Hillary than just utter worthlessness.

I did not get you wrong. I too agree that the dang hole is hideous, and not needed, but, do I believe it affects reliability. No, at least not in my case. As I said, I have owned models with the hole, a v-comp in .357 is the most recent one. Never had an issue with the V-Comp. I have owned airweights that had the hole and after going to the range, and getting comfortable with it, carried it.
My point was, if there are so many problems with the lock, why hasn't S&W done a recall? They have in the past, so why not now. Not liking the dang hole is totally different than saying they are not reliable.
I hate defending that blasted hole in an otherwise good looking Smith. Removing the lock is fairly easy, I say fairly easy because I have never done it, but I watched a video on how to do it.
Let's go back to hating the dang hole, hating S&W for keeping it, and hating the fact that they are not going to change.

God I am glad I am not in a position of having to defend it.

Btw, we still need pics of that one.
IMG_0830.JPG

629-6 PC Have not put the new shoes on yet! Just got her back.

How many videos can you post, 100, 1000, 10,000? How many posts of 1911 failures, Glocks blown up, or other gun failures? Proves that before you carry, as you said because you life depends on it, take it to the range and put rounds through it. Lots of Smiths with locks have been produced since 2001. All weapons, let me repeat that, all weapons have, have had or will have failures.

Dang we both hate the lock, you say it is unreliable, I don't. We agree to disagree. BTW, I have seem videos of a money with a football, but I don't believe the monkey can play football. lol

Looks awesome! Those ports definitely make it.
Thank you Sir! Also thanks for the leads on the shoes..I picked up two sets along with the Diamond D Alaska guide chest carry rig..I am past broke spend all the green on this from sales...Gotta save for another project, but it does not go bang..Oh and the PC is your fault!

Thank you Sir! Also thanks for the leads on the shoes..I picked up two sets along with the Diamond D Alaska guide chest carry rig..I am past broke spend all the green on this from sales...Gotta save for another project, but it does not go bang..Oh and the PC is your fault!
Glad to oblige, :yo:

View attachment 1306097
629-6 PC Have not put the new shoes on yet! Just got her back.

You know what would make that revolver look 100% better don't you? I will give you a hint. It has something to do with the Hillary Hole. Just imagine what a fine looking revolver it could have been. I am not going to say that it is ugly as heck. But maybe you could use some Bondo to help cover it up.

Back
Top Bottom