• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SA-35 what happend?

I was wondering the same thing. It probably will not get any better as S&W are on the market now with their new EZ9 Equaliizer. 15 round magazine and 10 ozs. lighter than the SA-35.

I understand that the SA-35 is all steel and has 1" longer barrel than the Equalizer, and I loved my Hi Power back in the day, but the S&W is easier on the pocketbook and easier on the body for an EDC.

I can see why they don't pop up for re-sale.

Hi-Power is my favorite pistol.

Might not be the latest thing, but for me at least there is just something very special about the design that just clicks.

Regardless of the Mfg/rollmark as long as the pistol is manufactured correctly and runs, Its the type of thing that people hold onto / gets locked into a collection.

I can see why they don't pop up for re-sale.

Hi-Power is my favorite pistol.

Might not be the latest thing, but for me at least there is just something very special about the design that just clicks.

Regardless of the Mfg/rollmark as long as the pistol is manufactured correctly and runs, Its the type of thing that people hold onto / gets locked into a collection.
I’m guessing this is the case with the SA-35, folks who buy them keep them. Same reason you don’t see a lot of Colt 1911’s on ODT either

I had an early one (3 digit serial). I found someone who wanted it more than I, so I let it go.
Fast forward a year later and still haven't seen one in a store; until I picked up one today.

I think those that have them aren't in the market to sell, or are too deep in it back when they were selling for $1k.

22FAB967-9292-45D7-AEB3-B79B687E88DD.png
BE1F6E77-5F1E-4DFC-A87F-6C259FBFFFC1.png

I got one of the early ones and overpaid for it, it hung up on several rounds in the first three mags. Sent an email after reading they had issues in the initial run with extractor problems, they fixed it for free and replaced the barrel and extractor and now it runs well.

Back
Top Bottom