• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SA-35 what happend?

I was wondering the same thing. It probably will not get any better as S&W are on the market now with their new EZ9 Equaliizer. 15 round magazine and 10 ozs. lighter than the SA-35.

I understand that the SA-35 is all steel and has 1" longer barrel than the Equalizer, and I loved my Hi Power back in the day, but the S&W is easier on the pocketbook and easier on the body for an EDC.
Not sure if serious. Ain't nobody cross shopping an SA-35 and Equalizer.

Not sure if serious. Ain't nobody cross shopping an SA-35 and Equalizer.

I'm serious. If I was the same age as I was when I owned a Hi Power and didn't have beaten up hands I would definitely consider the SA-35, but not at black market prices. If you put your name on a waiting list maybe you can pick one up for $699.95 but don't hold your breath. The FN clone is even worse with a MSRP of $1,300.

I have owned several S&W weapons over the years and not been disappointed in any of them. For $500 the Equalizer comes with 3 mags. an Uplula mag. loader and is optics ready. It will get the job done, besides, my wife will be able to rack the slide too if necessary.

I'm serious. If I was the same age as I was when I owned a Hi Power and didn't have beaten up hands I would definitely consider the SA-35, but not at black market prices. If you put your name on a waiting list maybe you can pick one up for $699.95 but don't hold your breath. The FN clone is even worse with a MSRP of $1,300.

I have owned several S&W weapons over the years and not been disappointed in any of them. For $500 the Equalizer comes with 3 mags. an Uplula mag. loader and is optics ready. It will get the job done, besides, my wife will be able to rack the slide too if necessary.
The only thing similar about those two guns is that they are both 9mm pistols. I think they're both great for what they do, but they serve completely different markets. I don't think Springfield's lost a single SA-35 sale to someone who bought an Equalizer instead. As you've said, you yourself are in a different market mindset now.

I do think the new FN "High Power" is pointless. Too expensive, not compatible with the Hi Power -- not a single part, and no modernized features, either.

the 2 I’ve seen both have had the extraction trouble at the range I think both got sent back fixed and sold soon after.
My first had no detent in the safety and extraction issues. Sent it back with issues repaired in less than a week. Ran like a top after that. HOPEFULLY my new one will run just fine out of the box...

I concur that a gun with almost a 100 year production history probably shouldn't have these issues, however, for me, I like the way SA approached this (no mag safety, minimalist enhanced safety, good sights, nice finish withg no machine marks, etc) I have no Issues with Girsan or Turkish pistols; I dont care for the MKIII safety, mag safety, the way the front sight over hangs the dovetail, etc. Don't get me started on the "OPS" model with a massive beavertail, clunky rail and huge sights :)

They are available, but sell quickly. Mine are well finished and a quality product for the price. Would like to see a polished finish on them though. The Girsans are nice also.

I just think that SA screwed the pooch on this one by not "fixing" the issue that most people have with P-35 ergonomics: the beavertail area. My hands get mangled from hammer bite on a Hi-Power. Frank Behlert used to weld up a beavertail like a 1911 onto the Hi-Power and it felt great. It cost $3-400 back in the 80s to have it done, but it felt great....

Back
Top Bottom