• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sad day

Sambo, I am truely sorry your having to go through this. I hope you will be able to smile (with tears in your eyes) and remember him as he was before declining and feel grateful that he is no longer hurting and is now with those that have gone on before him. I have been through this 4 times in the last few years and can tell you that it doesn't stop hurting but it will get better as time goes by.

Thanks yall for your kind words. He is the whole reason why I have such a love for guns and knives. He never met a stranger, and always had interesting stories to tell. Anything from lighting the woods on fire in harbins on accident in the 1930s to stories of the rough Italian winter in the war or about driving a model A up stone mountain in reverse. He wouldn't brag about it but me and him used to grow some of the best peppers, squash, pole beans, and tomatoes in dacula, we always had plenty and my favorite memories were getting up on Saturday mornings to go help him pick beans and then go inside and eat a sausage sandwich made in my nanny's cast iron skillet.

Truly sorry for your loss. There is a spark and a kindness in his eyes as a young husband, a warmth that he clearly had throughout his life. I believe it's already been said here, but you just don't come across this caliber of man anymore. Heartfelt condolences, we would all have been blessed to have known your grandfather.

RIP, GRANDFATHER, you have left a legacy for your family to remember very fondly, an example of loving his family, by firstly loving his wife, his children, his grand children, and has been an example to many people the family will never know, how many watched and learned how to conduct themselves in everyday life.

Most of all, THANK YOU SIR, for your service, and being a part of our history to keep us free...

My sincerest condolences. Prayers for you and the entire family. It's a great loss but you should be proud, the men and women of that generation built America into the great country that it became. We will never see their like again and the lives of each one should be honored. God Bless his soul.

Sorry for your loss, and it never is easy. You always want the best for your family so think of it as a new beginning for him, not a final ending.

We don't have our grandparents around long. Sounds like you took advantage of the knowledge and love they had to offer. Kids these days seem to be after the biggest and best gifts, but the true gift is the time spent with the grandparents learning and the love they have to offer. I miss mine , but I have memories. God bless and prayers sent .

Today my pop (grandfather) passed away. He was 96 years old. He had been on hospice for a while, today he passed away at his assisted living home while sitting by the window looking outside. He was truly the example of how a man should live. He was a world war two vet, 71 year master mason, raised two boys and a girl, loved my grandmother like crazy, he was a watch maker for many years but most importantly he was a God fearing and loving husband, father, and great grandfather. But now I know he's no longer in pain and reunited with my grandmother.
View attachment 1698633 View attachment 1698634 View attachment 1698635 View attachment 1698639

Sorry for your Loss. It seems that soon most of Our Greatest GENERATION will be gone. I will PRAY for Your Family!!

Back
Top Bottom