• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Safety Harness

I had the hunters safety system for a long time, it’s actually expired by about 3 years, but I switched to a muddy this year. I love it, it has a line that wraps around the tree while climbing and a strap to lock it down once you’re at the top. Or you can rig the lifelines with a prusik knot if you plan on climbing the same few trees. I’d say any of the newer safety harnesses are pretty good though. Not trying to sound like a smartsss but you have to actually use them for them for them to work. My mom bought me one when I was about 21 and it sat in a tote for about 4 years, I never even put it on. But when a buddy of ours at the hunting club fell out of his climber it changed my mind. He laid on the ground for about 4 hours, unable to move, while ants crawled all over his face and bit the fire out of him. All the time he had a broken hip, three broke ribs, broken collar bone, etc...could’ve been worse but not by much, he couldn’t even reach in his pocket to get his phone. We found him after he didn’t come back to camp for about an hour after dark and wouldn’t return texts or calls. Luckily we knew where he was. Anyways whichever one you go with, stress the importance of using it and using it correctly.

Back
Top Bottom