• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Safety warning on pistols

Turbans are for Indians. Most Indians actually practice Hinduism, not Islam. Reading is fundamental.

Who gives a ****?

Point remains valid:

Never in our country's history has any branch of the military allowed special beards, headgear or freaking underoos for some special, special snowflake's little special religious specialness..... (A very obvious characteristic of a forming a cohesive military unit has always been conformity.)

But let the head special snowflake in charge run things for a while-and now we have special snowflake headgear.

So freaking pathetic.

[QUOTE="jcountry, post: 6689171, member: 2652"gives a ****?

Point remains valid:

Never in our country's history has any branch of the military allowed special beards, headgear or freaking underoos for some special, special snowflake's little special religious specialness..... (A very obvious characteristic of a forming a cohesive military unit has always been conformity.)

But let the head special snowflake in charge run things for a while-and now we have special snowflake headgear.

So freaking pathetic.[/QUOTE]
I agree. No turdbins should be worn by the US military. Our military needs to look like OUR military.

I agree. No turdbins should be worn by the US military. Our military needs to look like OUR military.

Conformity goes as far back as military units have existed...

Ever think about why soldiers learn to march? There is absolutely no tactical reason for that since Napoleonic times..... Marching is a part of the whole effort to convince everyone that they are a part of a machine, part of the organism...... Individuality (beards, mustaches, turbins, and freaking yoga pants) is destructive to cohesiveness as a unit.

If the machine is going to work, special snowflakes should not be tolerated!

anyone else get a little annoyed at manufactures putting "warning can fire with magazine removed" on the side of some pistols? If you didn't know to check the chamber when dealing with it then you really shouldn't be messing with it anyway. I guess it could be a reminder to some but I think that checking the chamber should be a habit and shouldn't warrent a reminder. Just really complaining about a minor cosmetic annoyance for me:juggle:

I sold someone a Berretta 92 once. On the ODT no less. The magazine was out and I handed it to him. He racked the slide and a cartridge popped out. I almost vomited. He just shrugged his shoulder, was probably thinking "Yankee go home." That has been said to me before.

A warning label on a gun would not have helped this idiot.

I sold someone a Berretta 92 once. On the ODT no less. The magazine was out and I handed it to him. He racked the slide and a cartridge popped out. I almost vomited. He just shrugged his shoulder, was probably thinking "Yankee go home." That has been said to me before.

A warning label on a gun would not have helped this idiot.

I can watch someone check the chamber and I still do it if they hand it to me, as long as a lesson was took from the situation then you're not an idiot.

Products Liability law is all about what a jury thinks is "reasonable" and what kind of accidents are "foreseeable," and the fact that somebody else is "at fault" for the accident doesn't mean manufacturers can disregard the possibility of some stupid person using their product incorrectly and having an accident.
I am having flashbacks to lectures on foreseeable misuses, irreducibly dangerous products, and theories of liability. "What would Posner's approach be???"

Warnings and instructions. Reposting from another thread:

At the Sportman's Warehouse in Columbia, SC I was looking through the camping supplies and saw a full sized towelette for camp use, you know, to clean yourself up in lieu of a shower.

At the end of the instructions it informed the user that the face and head should be cleaned first, then the arms and legs, chest and back and finally the groin and buttocks. I **** you not. 'Mericans have to be told to wipe their faces with the towelette before the buttocks.

Yeah, I hate when I'm sitting on the toilet and my nose is running from a cold, and I have to try to remember not to blow my nose in the same wad of tissue paper I just wiped my butt with. I HATE when I get that process wrong.

Back
Top Bottom