• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Safety warning on pistols

QUOTE:

"I wouldn't call a chamber check idiotic."

"I think he was calling himself that"

Yep, I've done dumb things with guns before.

One time I dropped the mag on a .22 rifle at the end of a shooting session, set it down to pee in the woods, and then picked it up to load into the Jeep and go home. I casually pointed it at the ground halfway between me and my buddy, and pulled the trigger to release the hammer spring. I 'thought' that I had unloaded it prior to taking a wizz. Nope. I still had a round in the chamber. It made the dirt jump about 3 feet away from my legs and only 2 feet from my friend's feet.

Another time, I carried a semi-auto pistol for a full day with the chamber empty, when I thought it was fully loaded and chambered. I discovered that at the end of the day. Good thing I didn't have to pull it and try to use it on a robber or terrorist that day.

Another time, I carried that same gun for 3 or 4 days with the INTERNAL DISABLING LOCK engaged, which would have prevented me from pulling the trigger, even though the gun was fully loaded. I had used the lock when leaving it in my car one day when I went to court, and I forgot to re-arm the weapon when I got back to my vehicle. (Now I take the mag out as a reminder that I have to do "something" with the gun to consider it ready, and I also no longer use the internal lock. I use a real padlock.)

Who gives a ****?

Point remains valid:

Never in our country's history has any branch of the military allowed special beards, headgear or freaking underoos for some special, special snowflake's little special religious specialness..... (A very obvious characteristic of a forming a cohesive military unit has always been conformity.)

But let the head special snowflake in charge run things for a while-and now we have special snowflake headgear.

So freaking pathetic.
If you want to argue something, there are many civil ways to do it without resorting to discrimination. I served in the Army. I know how ridiculous it looks to wear your own religious headgear. I know the importance of uniformity and adherence to Military regulations. The issue was your ignorance. When people mistakenly shot and killed a couple of Sikhs in California mistaking them for Muslims, it was due to the same cultural ignorance you possess.

anyone else get a little annoyed at manufactures putting "warning can fire with magazine removed" on the side of some pistols? If you didn't know to check the chamber when dealing with it then you really shouldn't be messing with it anyway. I guess it could be a reminder to some but I think that checking the chamber should be a habit and shouldn't warrent a reminder. Just really complaining about a minor cosmetic annoyance for me:juggle:
I GUESS IT'S LIKE ALL THE ROAD SIGNS THAT TELL DUMBASS PEOPLE THEY'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY OR A SIGN THAT SAY'S THERE'S A SIGN AHEAD. WASTE OF MONEY IF YOUR THAT STUPID.

Back
Top Bottom