• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sailing long distance - what wold be a good firearm?

What would you have on a boat, going far?

• Total voters
If you are really looking to repel all boarders then have this screened onto your main sail....

hillary-in-swimsuit.jpg

No-one will come within MILES of you....

Say the Remington TAC 14 or tactical 12 gauge. High cap tube and put fill that puppy up with 00 buckshot. The ultimate in close quarter combat. There is always the old slug, 00 buck, slug, 00 buck alternate. Put a light and laser on it and call it a day. Done!

If you are worried about long range I would get like a Remy Tac 14 with buck shot, and a tactical shoulder held gun with slugs. 12 gauge slugs are 50 caliber chucks of led flying at from 100 yards away would be a deterrent for sure. I would also think they would breach the hull of smaller lighter boat pirates are more likely to be coming at you in.

I came across an o/u Stoeger Condor Outback that looked interesting. Will probably be the most pc firearm to have. But I can't help to think that it wont do much against a few bad dudes armed with AK's.

That's true. but they are bad guys so they get to carry whatever they want. A couple of barrels of 00 Buck would still be a wake-up call though, and you'd be surprised how fast you can reload a break-open shotgun with a little practice if it has ejectors to pop the shells out.

Speaking of legality - a sailing vessel under US flag is technically operated by US laws. But I really need to investigate the laws further. I intend to play by the rules.

No, that isn't the case once you enter a foreign port. If you plan on entering any other country you need to play by their rules, their laws.
I would rather take my chances with pirates than some 3rd world prison.

Back
Top Bottom