• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sailing or Tradin

BIKER13

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
Indians wont bother you now cuz you are touched
1345   0
Reaction score
Sometimes when you have an ad up,someone will respond to it and think they are first.Well sometimes folks never post in the ad they go straight to PM's.OK PM guy was first,post guy is second,and you keep a list of any other interested parties.Gets confusing sometimes and some folks get upset.I try to post in the ad and say "PM sent." so others know there is some type of negotiating going on.Now if PM guy falls out Post guy is now first,but........next little while PM guy comes back and decides he now wants it.Gets kinda confusing.OH and forget lowball guy.

I like to put"PM sent" so people don't show up and think they are going to be first. I get that someone may have beat me to it via PM - what I DONT get is why the seller converses with me for half the day and THEN tells me it's already sold.

You kind of have to go with the seller/trader's word you are PM'ing when you are negotiating with them. However, once that date and time are set, it's set. Back out on me and I'll neg your ass. First 4 years on this site, never neg'd anyone. This year, I've had to do it 2 or 3 times. I don't get hurt by low ball offers, no thanks and move on. Only thing that pisses me off is someone that backs out after date and time are set. Your bull**** excuses won't work, set is set. It's sad but unless I've traded with you or know you, I don't really trust you until the deal is done. Rescheduling is one thing but the whole, "never mind I went with someone else's offer" or "I changed my mind" or whatever pathetic excuse you want to give me, you will get negative feedback from me, then be ignored.

Also, make sure you read someones FS/FT post completely. "FTF in Gwinnett" means I'm not going to drive to Macon to meet you half way. If that doesn't work for you then don't PM me.

I like to put"PM sent" so people don't show up and think they are going to be first. I get that someone may have beat me to it via PM - what I DONT get is why the seller converses with me for half the day and THEN tells me it's already sold.

The seller is trying to see if you will offer a better deal. Or, if the 1st deal falls through then he's got a back up plan.

I'm to the point where I don't like to trade with someone until I see 3-5 positive feedbacks from established ODT'rs. Sucks but I don't like wasting my time.

Back
Top Bottom