• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saints: lawsuit against NFL wanting a rematch

Make history and have a rematch?

• No. They lost move on....

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Yes. That was horrible call...

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Horrible call but that one play didn’t cost them the game. So NO!

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Tacos

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • **** the NFL

Votes: 38 45.8%

• Total voters
I haven't seen the play from the perfect angle yet, but I think the ball was uncatchable, past both players, when the contact occurred. So I say, good "no call".

Look at the picture above, the ball is low and past the players. Post #1. There is no pass interference when the ball is uncatchable.

I haven't seen the play from the perfect angle yet, but I think the ball was uncatchable, past both players, when the contact occurred. So I say, good "no call".

Look at the picture above, the ball is low and past the players. Post #1. There is no pass interference when the ball is uncatchable.
I’ve watched the replay 100 times. One of the worst missed calls I have ever seen. That being said I agree with FatAlbert though that didn’t cost them the game. They just had to play defense at the end of regulation or score a TD in OT when they got the ball first.

So, the Saints were denied the justice of an automatic first down and getting the ball set even closer to the Rams’ goal.
Who can say they would have got a touchdown in that last minute-forty seconds?
Isn’t that very speculative?
If you say, “sure, but getting a field goal would have been even easier—basically a sure thing,” the fact is they DID use their possession to make a field goal.

So... how would the outcome have been any different?
Seems to me the Rams had more skills and better luck during the last 20 minutes of the game, and those are the real reasons they’re going to the Stupid Bowl.
If the ref calls the penalty on that play, which it clearly was, it's a new set of downs and the saints would run the clock out ending the game. There's no dispute there.

What a waste of time. If they do this, you might as well go back and review every game for missed calls and overturn those too. It would set such a dangerous precedent if this succeeded that would ruin football for good. Bad calls are part of the game. Happens to everyone.

Reactions: GFB
If the ref calls the penalty on that play, which it clearly was, it's a new set of downs and the saints would run the clock out ending the game. There's no dispute there.

So, if the Saints used their 4 new plays to move slow and run out the clock, the game would end with a 20-20 tie and go into OT? (Like it did anyway, but as a 23-23 tie)?

OH WAIT... you mean the Saints could waste time until the clock only had like 20 seconds left and THEN do that field goal, giving the other team too little time to do anything other than a single Hail Mary play?

NFL, LOL.....

Attachments

• AA12824E-FA33-4F5E-BE0D-D3E058302185.jpeg
    AA12824E-FA33-4F5E-BE0D-D3E058302185.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom