• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sale price VS. trade value !*!*!*!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whomever started the inflated trade value vs sell price needs to be punched in the nuts. It continues on because monkey see monkey do.

I see trade value as trying to deal with street values. ex. If I'm looking for .22lr and want to trade something for it, I'm going to try to match what it is going for around here rather than what it goes for at wally.

I may want to sell my Glock fast for $390, but average value may be $500. So that way if I end up trading for your M&P that is valued around $500 also, you don't start thinking that I should shill out $110 on top.

That's just me

I would never write an ad like that, but as most have experienced - if you list for trade folks bug you for a cash price. If you list for sale only you're going to get all kinds of trade offers.

When I'm looking for cash, accepting a trade adds another step to get me there. It also adds travel cost. Also there is the hard fact that while two guns may be technically equal in value, one may be harder to sell than the other. When cash is my goal, a trade has to be worth the trouble.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'm gathering the whole "my stuff is worth more than your ****" phenomenon....... are some automatically assuming that other members aren't capable of identifying the value of their trades before they offer?

So, let me get this straight: The seller automatically assumes that the market will dictate an automatic $150-$350 deficit & they must adjust for that?

Yeah ..... homie don't play dat

Sad ghat here we are in 2017 now and almost everyone is still doing the inflated trade values. You'll never see me do that. Cash or trade=same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom