• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Sale to non CCW permit

Good point, I thought when you purchased from a retailer it was recorded on some govt data base.
Negative. The 4473 goes in a box and gets stored. The only time it is transmitted is if you buy more than one hand gun in a 5 day period or if they call for a trace because the firearm was found at the scene of a crime. In that case they may or may not come to you and ask you where the gun is, you tell them who you sold it to and they move on. They also do a trace to find the rightful owner of recovered stolen property.

I have wares if you have coin.

As I'm not a gun dealer, I'm not legally bound to the selling requirements an FFL is. If you're buying from me, I'm going to believe you're legal to own.

Plenty of evidence of 4473s being transmitted even without "justifiable" reasons. Not gonna argue that matter. I do sometimes buy from FFLs when theres good deals. The gov already knows where my ass is at all times so if they want it they won't have an issue. But its certainly a **** option for those who try to maintain some modicum of anonomity.

I was at a Walmart today talking to an older gentleman. He told me in GA you need a bill of sale for any firearm sale for a 2nd hand gun sale. I told him I disagreed and told him to have a good day and just left. Pretty sure he was a democrat the way he was talking. I've sold many guns to people without a bill of sale and just shook their hand and walked away. Always had a witness with me though.

Back
Top Bottom