gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
This is the wurst:
images

but this is about ammo.

We have a weekly, maybe daily thread about overpriced "customized" Glocks.

But what's up with ammo prices? I can sort of understand the flippers who bought 50,000 rounds of .22 or 5.56 just to watch the market go totally south on them who think if they hold on long enough the price will come back. And I can understand that someone who has some hard to find ammo might find someone who might buy for convenience.

BUT what's up with common ammo, 9mm, .40 cal., .38/.357, .308 and so on. I can buy all I want at my LGS, about 5 miles away for less money, including sales tax. And if I can't, I can wait for it to go on sale online for less money, and a highly trained union member will deliver it right to my door at no charge to me.

I know this is a common theme in guns, but REALLY, don't the sellers ever check market prices? It's like owning stock -- sure it's was a hot IPO, but it's a dog now, and you aren't going to get what you paid for it. Suck it up.

The pricing is wurst than guns, because ammo is a commodity, and sellers and sellers want you to drive to their door- unlike used guns, the current market price for ammo is pretty easy to find.

Even .22s are 4-5 cents a round on sale, and ODT prices are still 7-8 cents a round, drive to them.

Back
Top Bottom