• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savage 12FV in 223, 22-250, 6.5Creedmoor, 308 $295 after rebate

Well the damn savage site won't load.. is the rebate good as of beginning of Feb. or Ending soon? Raise just had $250 Cabela's cards for $195(prices fluctuate).. I have used the codes in store's. So $396.94 with GA tax, -$75 Rebate, - $55 Raise (only one for $27.67 as of writing) Code.. = $295.27 After rebate/tax. They make one in .243?

Given it's the standard Savage 10 action with rounded rear scope mount & the side bolt release makes for an easy stock upgrade since it's of the older design which has more offerings & can find used options for a cheaper price. Also nice that it has the over-sized bolt handle that is featured on their tactical models so no need to upgrade there unless its for the aesthetics.

Only downside I can see is the blind magazine, cause you'll have to purchase the extra parts to use them. If you want it threaded or cut down there is plenty of barrel to work with to make it perfect.

I'd put my money on this rifle before I'd buy a cheap heavy barrel Axis or Ruger American rifle. Find a used Savage BV wood stock & add some class to it all while tightening those groups up or pick up a chassis for a tacticool look. Best thing about Savage is you can pick from a parts bin of Savage and create your own rifle. Boyds has some nice options as well.

I have one in 308. Was a Black Friday sale a while back. Think it came to $275 out the door, then rebate on top of that. Was only a 50 dollar rebate but it's a stout, accurate rifle. It'll keep up with a buddy's rem 700 police 308 accuracy wise. The barrel is a mile long but I plan on chopping it a few inches and threading for a "catch can" anyway. If they offered in other calibers other than what I already have, I'd get a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one in 308. Was a Black Friday sale a while back. Think it came to $275 out the door, then rebate on top of that. Was only a 50 dollar rebate but it's a stout, accurate rifle. It'll keep up with a buddy's rem 700 police 308 accuracy wise. The barrel is a mile long but I plan on chopping it a few inches and threading for a "catch can" anyway. If they offered in other calibers other than what I already have, I'd get a couple more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's a catch can?

Back
Top Bottom