• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savage Axis 243,270,308,30-06 with scope $280-$100 Rebate = $180 at Academy

adrianrog

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
53   0
Reaction score
Man, that's about as cheap as someone can get into hunting. Was helping my brother pick out an inexpensive rifle for his boy who may or may not get into hunting and stumbled on this. You almost feel bad not buying one, even if you really really don't need it.

https://www.academy.com/shop/browse/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=savage axis xp

Savage has a $100 mail in rebate on any Axis purchased before Dec 31.

Me and a friend just got one each. I have an extra scope I can throw on it if this one is a real POS.

Can't beat the price, $201 after the rebate gets back.

I've been considering picking up a cheap deer rifle to try out. Looks like this is it. I see the rebate is good to the end of the month. Any idea how long academy will have it on sale?

My friend brought an Axis II in .308 two years ago.
The scope that came with it broke (lens literally fell out of it) in the first 15 shots.
The replacement scope (one class better-- free upgrade thanks to Cabela's) has been good so far.
The gun has had a couple of "failure to feed" issues with brass-cased commercial ammo. Go figure.
But that's only 2 jams out of probably 200+ shots fired from this thing in the last 2 years.
It's accurate. At 200 yards from the prone position, or shooting from the sitting position with 2-leg "shooting stick" under the fore-end, he and I can both keep a 3" group at 200 yards. Some groups are down to 2", but they could be good luck..

Back
Top Bottom