• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savage Axis: As low as $189 w/ a rebate

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
Some killer deals:
https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupers.../savage/rebate/the-perfect-package-rebate-301

I have an axis (from 2012 when they came with a threaded barrel). The action is fine (smooth and tight), finish is nice, stock is tupperware though but for $150 you can get a very nice Boyds replacement. These are clearly hunting rifles so don't put 20 rounds in row down the pipe and expect accuracy not to drift. Honestly, if you are looking for a affordable hunting setup, the Thompson Compass is a better starting point.

Just an FYI with the rebates, savage is nortorious for denying rebates so it might take a couple submitions and many moons for you to get your $60.

Rebate Form
https://www.academy.com/content/dam...1_HolidayAXISTrophyHunterPromo_coupon_web.pdf

A good friend has an AXIS II from about 2014, I think.
Came with a cheap 3x-9x hunting scope, all for $275 or something like that.
The scope broke before 20 rounds were down the pipe.
Cabela's replaced it with a slightly-better (slightly more expensive) scope, at no cost to him.
After that, the only problem with this rifle is that the magazine (plastic POS) is loose and sometimes falls out of the gun under recoil.

It's accurate. He's shot it at 200 yards with excellent accuracy.
But at 600 yards, he had problems. Not sure if that was due to a bad scope, bad ammo, or just overheating the skinny barrel, shooting 20 shots in 20 minutes.

I picked one of these up 2 years ago at Academy with all the rebates and on Veteran's Day (extra 10%) for $150. I like it because the synthetic will not warp, had a weaver scope, and if were to get all scratched up, I wouldn't be bothered 1 bit. I have the 243, 270, (2) 308 and (2) 30 06. Remington was running at great deal on Cor-lok which I still have plenty.

I picked one of these up 2 years ago at Academy with all the rebates and on Veteran's Day (extra 10%) for $150. I like it because the synthetic will not warp, had a weaver scope, and if were to get all scratched up, I wouldn't be bothered 1 bit. I have the 243, 270, (2) 308 and (2) 30 06. Remington was running at great deal on Cor-lok which I still have plenty.

How do they perform?

Back
Top Bottom