• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Savage rimfires••••••what’s your favorite

I really like my FV-SR. Great suppressor host. I use CCI standard in all of my 22LR guns.

FVSR-silenced.jpg

My Savage .17hmr drops crows like lawn darts. I have two issues with it though. First is the mag spits the rounds out for some reason so I manually load each round. Second is misfiring. I have no idea why but the only constant firing round I found is the CCi. I have it since new and keep it clean. My d-bag brother prolly got his hands on it and like everything else he used of mine, it always comes back broken or in-op. True story.

My Savage .17hmr drops crows like lawn darts. I have two issues with it though. First is the mag spits the rounds out for some reason so I manually load each round. Second is misfiring. I have no idea why but the only constant firing round I found is the CCi. I have it since new and keep it clean. My d-bag brother prolly got his hands on it and like everything else he used of mine, it always comes back broken or in-op. True story.
You can crimp the top of the mag slightly to fix that issue. I have had the same issue and a little extra bend on the top of the mag with it tapers in will help fix that.

I think it was the Mark II GL I tried two of before giving up on those stamped sheet metal contraptions. You know they make real bolt actions for rimfire, right?

Some people, inexplicably, really like them, though. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom