• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saw Death Wish...

kuduman

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
...bunch of gun hooey in there. He manages to cut his hand with the slide, while firing a Glock 17 ONE HANDED. Manages to acquire copious amounts of 9mm ammo from somewhere, after being told it takes 30 days or so just to get the required IL FOID... then he manages later (without FOID even), to get a full-auto AR15 pistol. In one day. From a store.

It's all right otherwise, though overly gruesome in one scene, in typical Eli Roth style. It's not as gruesome as Hostel or anything, but that scene is more Mengele than Bronson.

I wouldn't call it anti-gun, but it reinforces all those erroneous beliefs about how easy it is to get guns-- and that just anyone can walk in a store and come out with a machine gun.

You do know that in the original Death Wish with Charles Bronson that the vigilante used either a Smith or Colt 32 revolver to dispatch the bad guys....

Reactions: JWC
You do know that in the original Death Wish with Charles Bronson that the vigilante used either a Smith or Colt 32 revolver to dispatch the bad guys....

Of course. I watched the original the night before I went to see the remake. : )

BTW, I took LFI-1 and Mas Ayoob was asked what movies most accurately portrayed street crime. He immediately said "Death Wish, the first one". Unexpected sudden encounters, multiple attackers, etc.

The new one is more violent. No "fill your hand" in the remake.

Back
Top Bottom