• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Saw something on gunbroker today...

I'd assume only if they're using it as a replacement part possibly ? Aren't some sears NFA items in their own right ?

That was my initial thought, but on some they have the “we’re not liable, follow all Laws” statement and they just ship them out. Thought it was rather odd. Too bad you can’t buy one and register a build.

They can go to someone with an SOT. For example I know lots of rental ranges convert their guns rather than try and find transferrables. So long as they never leave the range it's not an issue.

If it is a registered sear or fire control parts kit, you can buy it, wait on the transfer to complete and put it in any gun and rock and roll. If it is less than $20,000 it is the ATF selling it and shortly after you receive it, you will win a 5 to 10 year vacation with all the sex that you can stand, unless you have prior convictions, then you will win the ultimate grand prize of 10 to 30 years.

Spencer.
That is the first that I have heard that a SOT holder could manufacture machine guns for their own use. I assumed they were using post 86 dealer samples that they were convincing the local CLEO to sign for and buying from manufacturers.

there are people selling full auto sears for various guns. If someone purchased one, how could they legally use it?
They are available and legal to buy. Brownells had complete lpk’s including the auto sear for $70. However the ATF can charge you with felonies if you have an AR and the parts to go full Lewinsky. It is called constructive possession.

The website always posts that all NFA rules apply. You can bet that someone is whispering to someone when someone buys one. I have seen them at gun shows sell for cash. No names, no receipt.

There is also a couple of plans for DIAS or drop in auto sears a available on the internet. Once again the plans are just as legal as the fuel filter and that funny adapter until you put it together and try it.

BTW different countries have different laws and these items are legal to assemble, use and enjoy depending upon the statutes. So the internet is a wonderful thing. So are prepaid visa gift cards and so is Aunt Sallies mailing address at the rest home.

Just saying.

Depends on the sear and the price . If it’s under 12,000 dollars then you are wasting time and money. You can buy mp5 sears (25,000+) , fn fnc sears , AR links and DIAS , and I’m sure I’ve missed some but all are expensive .

It’s it’s $299 just don’t . It does not benefit you any.

Back
Top Bottom