• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Say good bye to the boy scouts (merged threads)

I personally think that girls being able to learn the values taught by the scouts is much better than them being in Girl Scouts and learning nothing. The dens are not mixed.
A scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent. Girls should be able to learn those things too. They will not get from the alternative organization.

two years before there is a "gender acceptance" badge that includes sensitivity training and sex education on all the various LGBTYEDKQs.
My opinion of the basis of this thread ? ...:puke::brushteeth:

Need a queer barrister? Google is full of them.

https://lgbtbar.org/what-we-do/awards-recognition
https://www.nalp.org/lgbt_lawyers
https://abovethelaw.com/2013/12/the-best-law-firms-for-lgbt-lawyers

BUT...https://www.advocate.com/.../12/.../supreme-court-doesn't-believe-lgbt-people-are-real

They're taking OUR America away..without firing a shot, just like Khrushchev said he would, and we sit her like statues. :tsk:...
...Fine Eagle Scouts and all!

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP73B00296R000200040087-1.pdf

Thank a lawyer Y'all!

Ok so just to be clear:

Scouting has been co-ed for many many years both here and internationally. Even back when I was in it almost 40 years ago. Explorers and Venture units have been co-Ed for decades. The new guidelines are not mixing boys and girls they are separate units.

The only real change is that girls can now earn the badges and ranks.

Y'all are knee jerk reacting to internet memes and fake news titles.

I may not agree with all that BSA has done the last few decades but this isn't really that big of a change.

I personally think that girls being able to learn the values taught by the scouts is much better than them being in Girl Scouts and learning nothing. The dens are not mixed.
A scout is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent. Girls should be able to learn those things too. They will not get from the alternative organization.

My daughter, who is not gender confused, liked the boy scout activities better than girl scout activities. She was in Venture and loved it. She also worked at the Philmont scout camp 3 summers in a row before adult responsibilities kicked in full time. I asked for her opinion and she likes the idea. Says girls would benefit from the values taught. She also said girl scouts do not offer much in personal and social development.
What I do not like is caving to leftist agenda. American core values are being lost a little at a time.

Boy Scouts do not hold a monopoly on "values taught by scouts"; Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops/packs are only as good as the adults running them. A Boy Scout leader can be equally as worthless as you apparently imagine all Girls Scout leader are, and a Girl Scout leader can be as equally awesome as you apparently believe all Boy Scout leaders are. My Boy Scout experience was a boy-version of tea & cookies/dress up while my daughters' Girl Scout experiences were spectacular - I was very glad that my wife talked me into getting my girls involved in Girls Scouts.

I will do my best to be honest and fair, friendly and helpful, considerate and caring, courageous and strong, and responsible for what I say and do, and to respect myself and others, respect authority, use resources wisely, make the world a better place, and be a sister to every Girl Scout.

IMO, this move by the BSA was nothing more than a grab for an ever decreasing base of parents that would participate in scouting.

I think it's a terrible decision to take "Boy" out of the organization's name.

But, maybe it was not motivated by alternative genders, homos, and political correctness.

It could just be greed. Chasing that almighty dollar by diluting the message and oening up the entire program to the other half of humanity--the female half.

As for the charge that this represents a wholesale abandonment of the Boy Scouts' founding mission and vision, keep in mind that when the Boy Scouts was founded over 100 years ago, single-sex education was the norm.

Isn't one of the goals of Boy Scouts to educate boys with real-life practical skills? Back then it was normal to segregate boys and girls and educate them separately and with a different curriculum based on what kind of future activities young adults each gender would be expected to participate in .

To the extent that Boy Scouts was a paramilitary organization designed to make boys ready for future military service, back then all military service was restricted to males only!

If our society, and our military and police forces, have all been Desegregated and fully integrated...
...and all of our educational systems are coeducational now (mixed classes) perhaps Scouting should go that same route.

My son and I participate in Trail Life USA (boys only). There is also a female only version called American Heritage Girls. If you are looking for an option for your children look into them.

Back
Top Bottom