• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBP Pistol brace protector are you ****ing kidding me?

I use a shockwave now, but I'm digging the new one coming out the hinges down, and truly telescopes like a stock. I can't remember the makers name.....

IMG_0038.JPG

I have to say I agree with your original post. I've said more than once that pistol braces are for cheapskates trying to cheat the system. And every time i see a new one it looks even more like a stock. If the ATF is gonna keep letting **** like this slide then they might as well stop collecting all those $200.00 checks from guys trying to do it the legal way.
Cheat the system? The only people cheating the system and the people is the ATF.

The ATF and everyone working there should be tried with treason.

Cheating....lol. You are an accomplice to what is wrong with the Government today. I see it differently. I see you guys cheating the 2nd amendment right and its meaning out of the rest of us.

Last year I was working at a pawn shop and when an ATF agent was there for our annual inspection I shoulderd a pap with a brace on it and asked her if she was going to arrest me. She looked at me funny and said "for what". I said for shouldering this brace, she said "ain't you supposed to shoulder it", I said no it's a pistol, she says "that's a pistol?"

Last year I was working at a pawn shop and when an ATF agent was there for our annual inspection I shoulderd a pap with a brace on it and asked her if she was going to arrest me. She looked at me funny and said "for what". I said for shouldering this brace, she said "ain't you supposed to shoulder it", I said no it's a pistol, she says "that's a pistol?"
scary isnt it??

Cheat the system? The only people cheating the system and the people is the ATF.

The ATF and everyone working there should be tried with treason.

Cheating....lol. You are an accomplice to what is wrong with the Government today. I see it differently. I see you guys cheating the 2nd amendment right and its meaning out of the rest of us.
I agree with your sentiment but you get the point I was making. Some guys just do this to keep from paying the $200.00. And whether or not the $200.00 stamp and the entire NFA is right or wrong is a different discussion. Yes I agree we should all be able to cut down suppress or convert our firearms as we damn well please. But that isn't the world we live in now.
My main point is that the "Device" pictured in the original post looks and works like a stock a helluva lot more than a " Pistol Brace". And the fact that ATF could change their mood and minds at any given moment plus the fact that just holding that thing against your shoulder violates federal law is more than enough for ME ( and that's just ME ) to not want anything to do with it.

The individual ATF agents I've met were good folks. They didn't apply for the ATF because they believed in the job......they applied cuz they wanted a Fed LEO job and that's who was hiring.

The individual ATF agents I've met were good folks. They didn't apply for the ATF because they believed in the job......they applied cuz they wanted a Fed LEO job and that's who was hiring.
The few I've dealt with have been very helpful. I've talked to a few on the phone that were joyless robots but the actual field agents have all been helpful.

I have spoken with one or two helpful agents when I had a Class 1 license in the mid 90s. But I've also met two real dickheads that came to my house on about 10 minutes notice the day after my first wife shot herself. They wanted to see everything I had and write down the numbers. Wouldn't tell me why or how they even got wind of m situation. They just looked at everything wrote down numbers and left. Didn't measure barrels or open up my AR or Mak 90. It was kinda spooky and an ass clenching experience.

I have spoken with one or two helpful agents when I had a Class 1 license in the mid 90s. But I've also met two real dickheads that came to my house on about 10 minutes notice the day after my first wife shot herself. They wanted to see everything I had and write down the numbers. Wouldn't tell me why or how they even got wind of m situation. They just looked at everything wrote down numbers and left. Didn't measure barrels or open up my AR or Mak 90. It was kinda spooky and an ass clenching experience.
ummmmm..whats the story behind that??

ummmmm..whats the story behind that??
Pretty straight forward. First wife was Puerto Rican and Italian from Brooklyn/ Long Island and 110% crazy. She was insanely jealous of other women ( like pretty much all Hispanic women) One Saturday night after attending a fish fry with her co-workers we had our usual argument about some chick that was talking to me. But this one last night she went into the walk-in closet where all the hardware was hanging on pegboard and picked up HER Rossi 971 with the 2" barrel. She loaded 5 rounds of Federal Hydrashocks in it and shot herself in the right side of the head just behind the right ear. This was particularly troubling to the Houston Co investigators since she was very left handed. But she fell against the closet door which obviously meant she had been in there alone. EMTs had to tearup the door getting her out.I was in the back of a Crown Vic for about 3 hours and my first two kids were stuck in their rooms in a panic that I couldn't do anything about. Pretty ugly night.
Anyway my theory is that one of the EMTs or deputies saw all that hardware hanging in the closet and didn't like it or just assumed some of it had to be illegal. And so the next day I had to stop what I was doing in the middle of arranging a $12,500 funeral and meet with ATF agents who were somewhat less than personable.

Back
Top Bottom