• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR and Pistol. Is it the only smart way to go for 300blk?

I have zero doubts 6.8 is the superior hunting round. Thanks for the info

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

it wasn't an apples to apples comparison...as i have yet to shoot one through my 16" 300 upper (my 6.8 is a 16" barrel). i think i may try one later this year through the 16" 300 but yes, the ballistic charts indicate that the 6.8 is slightly better all things else being as equal as possible.

Building my .300blk as a pistol because I don't want to deal with SBR hassle, but primarily so it can be transported interstate more easily. When complete it will be my primary truck/travel/get back home tool.

Yeah, I like the POF 4.5 lb trigger. I can live with mil-spec triggers, but it's just too easy to drop in a module while building. Usually find them around $150, with KNS anti-walk pins included.

My 7.5" 300 BLK truck gun. I kept it as simple as possible. PSA complete MOE pistol lower and a DPMS slick side receiver. Had to pay for the transfer of the lower though, won't be doing that again, I know there are LGS's in the metro area that don't charge I just gotta find one. AR Stoner melonite barrel (dimpled) from midway along with a YHM gas block, AAC thread protector, Noveske pistol gas tube and a handguard/barrel nut from Deltateamtactical. I had the PSA premium BCG/CH combo from another build. And I had a blast putting it together. All for around $550

As far as making it an SBR, I am still on the fence about that and I'm in no hurry to make a decision, since it is quite usable as is.

WP_20170201_05_14_19_Pro.jpg

My 7.5" 300 BLK truck gun. I kept it as simple as possible. PSA complete MOE pistol lower and a DPMS slick side receiver. Had to pay for the transfer of the lower though, won't be doing that again, I know there are LGS's in the metro area that don't charge I just gotta find one. AR Stoner melonite barrel (dimpled) from midway along with a YHM gas block, AAC thread protector, Noveske pistol gas tube and a handguard/barrel nut from Deltateamtactical. I had the PSA premium BCG/CH combo from another build. And I had a blast putting it together. All for around $550

As far as making it an SBR, I am still on the fence about that and I'm in no hurry to make a decision, since it is quite usable as is.

View attachment 1048978

not useable - you still need sights/optics right?

If my target is not within a few feet of me, yes I will need to have some kind of sighting. But for now, I am concerned mostly about up close threats. In the mean time, I have an AR 556 for the other.

Besides, if the gestapo says that I can't shoulder the pistol, then it will be easier for me to shoot from the hip, or in my case, from the belly.

Back
Top Bottom