• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR and Pistol. Is it the only smart way to go for 300blk?

You'll need 1:7 if you want to stabilize a subsonic round. If you don't you WILL have a baffle strike

Yeah if I shoot subs, it will be a specific build or the Bison. That's why I was curious how it handled the supers since that's what I'll be shooting 95% of the time.

here's my two stamp gun. Bison Armory 6.8 11.5 inch barrel with dead air sandman s. will be running 110 AB for deer and some custom 175 grain hollow points for subsonic pig hunting

6.8 is my next build. Any issues with bolts or mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.8 is my next build. Any issues with bolts or mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be sure to get 6.8 specific mags. hang around 68forums.com. lots of good mag reviews there. I went with PRI mags. More expensive but seem to have higher ratings overall. a friend of mine went with the new CPD mag and has had great success. (older ones had feed issues). If you're a reloader, when researching be sure to pay attn to what COAL is allowed with each mag. they all differ. (another reason i went with PRI).

as for bolts, i went with the standard 6.8 that bison offered. there are a few others but i'm not throwing a lot of lead out of my gun so figured i could get away with something cheaper.

I decided that the difference between 10.5" and 16" did not present enough of a hindrance to make my house gun a 10.5" I also believe that for the price, an AR Stoner 300 BLK barrel is an excellent option. And, I also like the looks of the 10" keymod hand-guard on the 16" barrel. Also, since I can't ever really make up my mind about how far to pull out the stock, I think I will just leave the Bladetech in place (until I change my mind, of course). I've read several reviews and stat pages regarding 300 BLK and barrel length, so I know that the velocity/muzzle energy difference between the two lengths is negligible. I went with my gut feeling on this one, and I believe that I like my decision, which also gives me the added benefit of not having to fill out the SBR paperwork and fork out the cash.

DSCF0811.JPG

DSCF0813.JPG

DSCF0817.JPG

The 10.5" barrel in 5.56 (sold this upper on ODT).
WP_20170119_16_32_24_Pro.jpg

I do believe that I have built myself right out of this thread (I changed my mind, of course). After my MOE upgrades, I now have an adjustable stock 16" 300 BLK rifle. Oh well... Still, it's not exactly something that your going to find at the local Academy Sports.

I sure hope they make the M3's in FDE, but in the mean time I ordered six M2's in FDE.
DSCF0828 (3).JPG

I like the QD end plate!
DSCF0829 (2).JPG

broadside and right behind the front shoulder. below center about 5 inches from a miss low. it was a lung / heart shot for sure. lots of blood from the animal's nose and mouth.

i don't think that the round generated enough velocity to generate hydrostatic shock to the vital organs. this is why i think that the 6.8 is superior.

I shot a deer at 60 yards with a .308 accubond, broadside, completely vaporized the heart and made mush of both lungs. He ran 50 yards before falling over.

Back
Top Bottom