• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

SBR question

Brett

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
68   0
Reaction score
While I wait for my first cans to be released my mind is flooding with different hosts that I need. Lol. I understand I can NOT put a 10.5" upper on my AR rifle lower without proper procedure, but could I take a 10.5" barreled upper and pin and weld/solder a can of at least 6" to it and then put it on my lower as a carbine? I'm thinking 300 Blk uppers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes. Same as when people with non regustered lowers buy 14.5" barrels and pin and weld a flash hider on to bring it to 16".

While I wait for my first cans to be released my mind is flooding with different hosts that I need. Lol. I understand I can NOT put a 10.5" upper on my AR rifle lower without proper procedure, but could I take a 10.5" barreled upper and pin and weld/solder a can of at least 6" to it and then put it on my lower as a carbine? I'm thinking 300 Blk uppers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Griffin Armament has their Spartan can setup just for this exact purpose. Makes a nice, 1-stamp gun that travels easily across state lines (no notifications required), and if you do SBR the lower you can always move the upper somewhere else.

The Griffin part is only 223/5.56 though, if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom